Research Student:Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences University of the West of England, Bristol Coldharbour Lane, Bristol BS16 1QY UK Phone: +44 117 3283529 Fax: +44 117 3283960
1. Faculty of Computer, Engineering and Mathematical Science, University of the West of England
Address: Frenchay Campus, Coldharbour Lane, Bristol BS16 1QY, England, UK
Major: Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Duration: June 2001 - now
Degree: Doctor of Philosophy (Expected)
2. Graduate School, Northeastern University (NEU)
Address: Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, P. R. China,
Major: Systems Engineering
Duration: August 1984 - January 1987 GPA: 3.6/A=4
Degree: Master of Science in Engineering (March 1987)
3. Shenyang College, Northeastern University
Address: Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, P. R. China,
Major: Electrical Engineering
Duration: December 1978 - August 1982, GPA: 3.44/A=4
Degree: Bachelor in Engineering (December 1982)
1. Senior Engineer and Associate Director
Employer: Automation Research Institute of Metallurgy (ARIM),
Address: No.84, Fengtai Rd. Beijing, P. R. China
Duration: February 1987 - May 2001
Post: Senior Engineer and Associate Director
Responsibility: Management Information Systems
Iron & Steel Industry Basic and Process Automation
2. Assistant Engineer
Employer: Shenyang Heat Supply Company
Address: Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, P. R. China
Duration: August 1982- August 1984
Post: Assistant Engineer
Responsibility: Technical Information Management
Hot Water Network Operation
Honoured Student of NEU, 1979
Honoured Student of NEU, 1985
Honoured Student of NEU, 1986
Outstanding Employee of ARIM, 1992
Model Employee of ARIM, 1993
Great Britain-China Educational Trust, 7/2004
Henry Lester Trust, 11/2003
Great Britain-China Educational Trust, 6/2003
COMPUTER LANGUAGE KNOWLEDGE:
Development Tool: Visual Basic5/6, Matlab5.2, SQL Server 6.5/7.0/2000, Oracle 7.0, Developer 2000, OnSpec 7.1, Delphi5.2, MS Office97
Operating System: MS Windows NT/95/98/2000, DEC OpenVMS
Fuzzy logic control and fuzzy systems, neural networks, adaptive control, system estimation, filtering theory, mathematical programming, operation research, multiobjective decision making, and optimisation, signal processing, management information system, software development.
1. IEE - Institute of Electrical Engineers, 09/2003 - , Student
2. CACSUK-The Chinese Automation and Computing Society in UK, 09/2001 -
3. Lecturer, a member of the Central Lecturer Group, China, 7/1987-8/1988
4. Student ambassador, University of the West of England, 8/2003-now
5. Healthlink worker, Bristol North Primary Care Trust, 3/2004-now
RECENT PAPERS AND PUBLICATIONS
1. F. Qiao, Q.M. Zhu, A. Winfield and C. Melhuish, Controller Design for Active Vehicle Suspension Systems, Proceedings of the 10th Chinese Automation and Computer Science Conference in the UK, Liverpool, England, (Submitted), September, 2004.
2. F. Qiao, Q.M. Zhu, A. Winfield and C. Melhuish, Adaptive Sliding Mode Control for MIMO Nonlinear Systems Based on Fuzzy Logic Scheme, (Submitted). The International Journal of Automation and Computing.
3. F. Qiao, Q.M. Zhu, A. Winfield and C. Melhuish, Adaptive Sliding Mode Control Based on Fuzzy Logic Scheme, Proceedings of the sixth International Conference on Adaptive Computing in Design and Manufacture (ACDM2004), Poster Presentation, Bristol, UK, pp. 31-34, April 20-22, 2004.
4. F. Qiao, Q.M. Zhu, A. Winfield and C. Melhuish, Design of Takagi-Sugeno Fuzzy Model Based Sliding Mode Controllers for Nonlinear Systems, Proceedings of the 2nd. Postgraduate Research Student Conference of CEMS, UWE, Bristol, UK, October 15, 2003.
5. F. Qiao, Q.M. Zhu, A. Winfield and C. Melhuish, Fuzzy Tracking Control for Discrete Time Nonlinear Systems, Proceedings of the 9th Chinese Automation and Computer Science Conference in the UK, Luton, England, (the best paper), (pp. Undecided), September 20, 2003.
6. F. Qiao, Q.M. Zhu, A. Winfield and C. Melhuish, Fuzzy Sliding Mode Control for Discrete Time Nonlinear Systems, Computing Technology and Automation (Transactions of China Automation Society), Vol. 22, No. 2 (Sum No. 86), pp. 311-316, June 2003.
7. F. Qiao, Q.M. Zhu, A. Winfield and C. Melhuish, A Novel Neuro-Fuzzy State Estimator For Nonlinear Systems, Proceedings of the Postgraduate Research Conference in Electronics, Photonics, Communications and Software (PREP), Exeter, England, pp. 224-225, April 14-16, 2003
8. F. Qiao, Q.M. Zhu and A. Winfield, An Improved Fuzzy Dynamic Model Based State Estimator, Proceedings of CASIA Annual Conference on Automation and Information Technology and the 8th. Annul Conference of Chinese Automation and Computer Society in the UK, Beijing, China, pp. 1-6, September 19-20, 2002.
9. F. Qiao, Q.M. Zhu and S.Y. Li, Torsional Vibration Suppression of a 2-Mass Main Drive System of Rolling Mill with KF Enhanced Pole Placement, Proceedings of the 4th. World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA'02), Shanghai, China, pp. 206-210, June 10 - 14, 2002.
10. F. Qiao, W. Duan and C. J. Li, Study of Vibration Suppression in the 2-Mass Main Drive System of Rolling Mill, Proceedings of the 7th. Chinese Automation and Computer Science Conference in the UK, Nottingham, England, pp. 205-212, September 22, 2001.
11. F. Qiao, Y. Guo, and Z. Y. Xiao, et al, The Practice of Energy Centre Technique in Jiuquan Iron and Steel Complex, Metallurgical Industry Automation, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 16-20, 1998.
12. F. Qiao, J.S. Li, and Y. Guo, The Measurement Management System in the Energy Centre of Jiuquan Iron and Steel Complex, Industrial Measurement, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 30-32, 1997.
13. F. Qiao, Staircase Linear Programs and its Application in Energy Management System in Iron and Steel Industry, International Youth Conference For Automatic Control Theory, Beijing, 1996.
14. F. Qiao and G. L. Yang, Bottom Stirring Automatic Control for LD Converter in Nanking Steel Plant, Honoured paper on the Third Young Scientists and Research Workers Conference of ARIM, pp.41-43, 1995.
PAPERS AND PROPOSALS REVIEWED
1. A New Dynamical Fuzzy Modeling and Eigenstructure Assignment Control for SISO Complex Systems, International Journal of Systems Science.
2. Design and Stability Analysis of Fuzzy Model-based Predictive Control - A Case Study, International Journal of Systems Science.
3. Logarithmic-Based Parameter Estimation Law in Adaptive Control of Robots, International Journal of Systems Science.
4. Robust Sliding Mode Controllers Design Techniques for Stabilization of Multivariable Time-Delay Systems with Parameter Perturbations and External Disturbances, International Journal of Systems Science.
5. Observer Based Control for Discrete Time Fuzzy Systems, Conference: Joint CCA, ISIC and CACSD, 2004.
6. PI-Type Fuzzy Controller and Parameters Self-Tuning with Receding Horizon Optimization, Information Sciences: An International Journal.
7. Eng-genes: A New Genetic Modelling Approach for Real-Time Operation and Control of Engineering Systems, EPSRC proposal (GR/S85191).
8. Robust Fault Detection and Isolation Using Sliding Mode Observers, EPSRC proposal (GR/S70876).
9. Identifying The Structure of Non-Linear Dynamic Systems Using Multiobjective Genetic Programming, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics.
RESEARCH AND COMMERCIAL EXPERIENCE:
1. CoSteel Sheerness Bar Mill (UK) Information System
2. Computerisation of Energy Dispatching and Management Centre in a Steel Complex
3. Plasma Tundish Heating System on a Steel Cast Line
4. BOF Converter Steelmaking Process Automation
5. Feasibility Study of Computer-Aided Expert System in BOF Converter Steelmaking
6. Study of Energy Balance for Fuel Burning System in an Iron & Steel Company
7. The Design of Multicable Elevating System with Automatically Regulating 1000KW SCR Circuit